Thursday, January 31, 2008

Celebrating 17 years of genius

Happy birthday to me, 
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to Sam,
Happy birthday to me. 

Am now celebrating 17 years, ten hours, and 25 minutes! So, here's to one less year of youthful bliss and happiness and one year closer to mortgages, income tax, arthritis, a walker, and ulcers. Woo-Hoo. 

Seriously though, did you know I share a birthday with Franz Schubert? 

Quite an interesting guy, listen to this: Fantasy in C Major
I actually found the coolest site today when I was looking up music by this composer: Musopen.com they actually have an online library of classical music in the public domain. You can download it, and use it in anything you like including films!

This is also the 402nd anniversary of the day that the Gunpowder Plotters Guy Falks and Co. were hanged, drawn and quartered for plotting to blow up the parliament building while parliament was rather conveniently therein. Just another thing to put onto your TO (not) DO list.

11 comments:

Phil Fich said...

Happy Birthday SamuelY!!!!

Graydon L said...

What's up with the big brown Semi-circle on the left of the picture? is that part of the genius of the week game?

-Graydon :-)

SamuelY said...

Yes Graydon, the big brown semicircle represents the receding moon and the brown represents the muddy Mississippi River. So the question is, when will there be a receding half moon over the Mississippi river? The correct answer to this would be February 12th (of course). So there you have it, I've just given away the answer, sigh.

(Just pulling your leg, the mysterious semicircle has nothing to do with the game, keep looking)

Graydon L said...

thanks a lot "pal" I thought I just won again. ;-)

-Graydon :-)

SamuelY said...

Nope, the answer to this puzzle is much, much, smaller.

Melissa said...

I'm smart !! I found the genus thingy.... the answer is cranium ! pooh to you GRAYDON !!

SamuelY said...

Now, let's all play nice....

Graydon L said...

I don't get it, where was the puzzle? does it have something to do with the picture?

Graydon L said...

AAARGGGH! I just found the puzzle! oooooh, that was I dirty trick Sam! I'll get it next time!

-Graydon >:-(

Melissa said...

Okay...I was being nice ! The "pooh to you" thing was an inside joke !!

Kilted Fiddler said...

Completely off topic, but have you ever realized that if you elect Paul, as if there is a chance, you will be putting the first midwife in power?