And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, it was said to her, "THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER."Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH."So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.
And in this, we should rejoice in our own election:
Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:10-11
Our second reaction to this sad event should be that of resolve to evangelize:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:19-20
Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest. "Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
John 4:35-36
Mind me, now; I'm not defending Heath Ledger or saying that he isn't responsible for his actions, my point is that we should change our attitude from that of judgement, to that pity and resolve. May we learn from the death of Heath Ledger and may there be souls be brought into the flock after seeing what a life without Christ can lead to.
Right now, I am spending most of my free time on the official Germane Productions T-shirts, I hope to get those done soon.
Well, back to work..........
6 comments:
So you said
"His leaving the race will free up conservative Christian votes for more powerful candidates like Huckabee and Romney and will help defeat less savory characters like McCain and Guiliani."
Does that mean that if you were voting you would vote for RP because he most likely would not win and you would just throwing your vote away ?
oh and who is Heath Ledger ?!?!?
It really depends, my vote to Ron Paul would be making a statement that I agree with his ideals and principals that Washington should get. The more votes Ron Paul gets, the bigger the message is that there are still people of the United States that believe in smaller government, staying out of wars, reducing taxes, etc.
However, we are in a unique situation in Washington in that our primary is one of the last ones of the race, and Washington is a relatively powerful state with 97 delegates. In the instance I saw Romney or Huckabee, running neck in neck with McCain or Guiliani, I would seriously consider voting for the former to contribute to the defeat of the latter.
Heath Ledger was, among other things, the star of Brokeback Mountain and was nominated for an Academy Award for his performance therein.
He was also in "The Dark Knight", the sequel to Batman Begins, which hopefully they were done shooting when he died, because I really want to see it... : )
I didn't know Ledger was in "Dark Knight"! who does he play? I'm looking forward to DK as well, It looks REALLY cool.
-Graydon :-)
Heath Ledger is going to be playing the Joker. I can't wait to see his performance!
WOW! I didn't know that! I've seen pictures of Ledger, and in my oppinion, he dosn't look a thing like the joker from the "Dark Knight"
Post a Comment