Sunday, January 27, 2008

Catching up

Wow, this week has flown by fast. Sorry, it's been a while since I have updated the blog. I've been working pretty much full time on my schoolwork, trying to meet my deadlines. I'm going to start studying Analyzing and Interpreting Literature for the CLEP as well as College Mathematics. I'm going to have about two and four weeks, respectively, to have both of those subjects mastered. 

On Saturday we went to the Annual Burns Dinner for the volunteers of Fort Nisqually. I actually won an award for my research and character development this past year. One thing that I might think about doing is a workshop sometime this summer. The idea I have right now is to have it about becoming a history detective. At Fort Nisqually, we don't have big interpretational displays like you would see at a museum, in fact, all we have for each building is a small display about the size of legal size paper. The rest of the building is relatively display-free, and I like it that way. The workshop I would like to give would be on how to interpret for yourself the clues to the kind of people lived at FN that we will find sprinkled throughout the fort. I'll have to think this out and talk to some folks at the next AI meeting.

It was good to see everyone at church, this morning although I was pretty bummed at the overwhelming deficit of Bittner/Rowland/Munson-ienss. I'm sure that they have their petty excuses, but they shall not be sufficient to deter my wrath. I mean, does Spokane anything that Tacoma doesn't? A Clue: NO. I mean all it is out there is sagebrush and rattlesnakes. BORING. Especially when you could be spending time with ME! As I mentioned, they will only have petty excuses. 

This afternoon Dad took us swimming, and we all had a very good time playing catch and all that. We celebrated Timmy's 9th birthday this evening, and I taped the whole thing. Cassie made pineapple-upside-down cake, and Timmy got some fun presents. We were all a little too pooped from the swimming to get too rambunctious, though. :-P. 

I'm going to bed, Goodnight!


0 comments: