Sunday, February 17, 2008

A sunny weekend

Hi all,
The office shoot went well on Saturday, and I got back pretty wiped from that. From now on, I will only be making references to the shoots we do for Germane Productions, as I am now one of the editors of the GP blog and will be posting all of my film activities on there. 

I really felt that this morning's sermon was particularly good as our pastor preached on the "man who fears the Lord and delights in his word". I really felt challenged by the idea of having scripture in your life at all times, you read it when you get up and when you go to bed, and you memorize and meditate on it in between. A Christian should never be separated from God's Word, even though he isn't holding a bible! The key to all of this is to have a delight for God's word. You know when you are really anticipating something big, such as, say, going to the movies when your work is done, it starts to occupy your thoughts, even when you are thinking of something else, it's still in the back of your mind. That's how it should be with God's word, it should never be fully out of your mind. And the only way to do this is to delight in it. 

This Sunday afternoon, Josh and I went out back and tried out our airsoft guns. It went well for the short time we had, but we had to break and when we got back, Josh's gun jammed first thing. It seems to do that a LOT (Graydon, Matt, Jonny, Heeeeeelp!!!!).  

Enjoy the three day weekend!

Sam

7 comments:

Graydon L said...

does Josh's gun make any noise when you pull the trigger, or is it the same as when you first got it?

-Graydon :-)

SamuelY said...

It makes a soft humming noise. This is very different from the screeching that it made when we got it.

Sam

Graydon L said...

is it high pitched, or low pitched? if it's high, it seems to me to be jammed somewhere. if it's low pitched, I have no clue whatsoever... I'll keep thinking

-Graydon :-)

SamuelY said...

It's low pitched, charging the battery for a while seems to fix it, but it's too weird that a gun would just instantly run out of battery.

Sam

Graydon L said...

veeeeery strange... very strange indeed. When Jonny wakes up (he's sleeping right now) I'll ask him.

What section of the gun is making hte noise?

-Graydon :-)

SamuelY said...

The handle, where the motor is.
When Josh got the gun he thought the handle was where the battery was stored and so he tried to pull it out. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Graydon L said...

Hmmmmmm...