When I was able to run about on me lawn,
And dance in the light of a thousand stars.
When the world was mine for the taking
And the universe there for the asking.
When there was no worry to me bonny head,
No deadlines for me to pound me cheery face into me desk about.
But now......yea, but now?
Cares crush down on me like a o'rwelming load
Woes burden me like a five hun'erd and and sixty three pound backpack
I have to truge all the way up a great mountain
That's sixty miles high
With a rock in my shoe.
I can feel my brain expanding with all of the excess knowledge I am cramming into it
And one day, it will explode
and ooze out my ear.
But no, this will not my fate be,
I would rather ten thousand armies see.
I would rather be as a little bee
Flitting from flower to flower.
0 comments:
Post a Comment